The official lineage of HMCS Hunter extant commissionned ship.
Vert a crossbow Or in bend sinister with two arrows Argent interlaced one on either side of the crossbow shaft.
The badge design was inherited from the Royal Navy with a slight alteration. In the original badge the two arrows stopped short of the cord on the bow, whereas here the arrows are extended and interlaced with the bow, making the device one unit instead of three.
READY WHEN REQUIRED
Hunter Green and Gold
Pre-The First World War
GABBARD, 1653; SCHEVENINGEN, 1653; BARFLEUR, 1692; VIGO, 1702; VELEZMALAGA, 1704; LOUISBURG, 1758;QUEBEC, 1759.
The Second World War
ATLANTIC, 1939-44; NARVIK, 1940; SALERNO, 1943; SOUTH FRANCE, 1944; AEGEAN, 1944; BURMA, 1945.
Perpetuates, by right of continuous unbroken service from the Royal Canadian Navy, seventeen warships of the Royal Navy which previously carried this name. This perpetuation cannot be passed on to a new construction.
First of Name
- Shore establishment.
- Naval Reserve Division, Windsor, Ontario.
- Commissioned as a tender to HMCS Stadacona 1 November 1941.Footnote 1
- Recommissioned as an independent shore establishment 1 September 1942.Footnote 2
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: