103 Search and Rescue Squadron
The official lineage of the 103 Search and Rescue Squadron.
A St. Bernard Dog's head erased carrying from a collar a keg.
The functions of this squadron are symbolized by a St. Bernard dog. This breed was first trained in the early 18th Century by the monks in the St. Bernard Hospice in the Alps, and has since been known for it's sagacity and devotion to its task in search and rescue operations.
SEEK AND SAVE
- Authorized as '103 Rescue Unit' 2 May 1977,1 from '424 Search and Rescue Squadron Detachment Gander' (authorized 15 January 1977).2
- Redesignated '103 Search and Rescue Squadron' 1 March 1997.4
- Rebaptisé « 103e Escadron de recherche et de sauvetage » le 1er mars 1997.2
No lineal connection with '103 Rescue Unit' of 1947-1968. See 413 Squadron.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: