Expert Panel on Modern Federal Labour Standards
As part of next steps on modernizing federal labour standards, the Government of Canada created the independent Expert Panel on Modern Federal Labour Standards in February 2019 to examine the following 5 issues related to the changing nature of work:
- Federal minimum wage
- Labour standards protections for non-standard workers
- Disconnecting from work-related e-communications outside of work hours (sometimes known as the “right to disconnect”)
- Access and portability of benefits
- Collective voice for non-unionized workers
The Expert Panel was asked to study these issues and provide advice on these issues.
Report and more information
On June 28, 2019, the Panel submitted a report with its recommendations. The full report is now available: Report of the Expert Panel on Modern Federal Labour Standards.
Visit the webpage More information on the Expert Panel on Modern Federal Labour Standards to learn more about:
- Why the Expert Panel was created
- The 5 issues studied by the Panel
- Modernizing federal labour standards
- Date modified: