Infographic: Each working day, Service Canada connects with thousands of Canadians
Service Canada works hard to ensure that all citizens receive accessible, efficient, quality services when they need them.
Whether by phone, in person, through mail or on line, Canadians connect daily with Service Canada to obtain the information and advice they need or to access their benefits and services.
A Day in the life @ Service Canada
Each business day...
- Over 11,593 Canadians are issued passports (2.91M passports annually)
- More than 11,155 EI applications (initial and renewal) are processed (Approximately 2.8M client applications annually)
- Approximately 190 applications for a grant and/or contribution are received (received online and via mail) (47,642 annually)
- 1 800 O-Canada agents answer an average of 6,294 calls (1.58M annually)
- Passport Call Centre agents answer an average of 4,781 calls (1. 2 M annually)
- Specialized Call Centre agents (EI and Pensions) answer an average of 28,287 calls (7.1M annually)
- Employers Contact Centre agents answer an average of 1,909 calls (479,070 annually)
- Over 33,625 people visit Service Canada Centres and Scheduled Outreach Sites (8.44M in-person visits annually)
- 7,888 people visit Passport Offices (1.95M annually)
- Over 1,354 inspections, reviews, and investigations are conducted for the EI, CPP, OAS, and Temporary Foreign Worker programs (339,854 annually)
- Approximately 1,498 individuals start receiving a CPP pension benefit (376,700 individuals annually)
- Approximately 1,606 individuals start receiving an OAS pension benefit (403,000 individuals annually)
- Approximately 4,621 new Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) issued for SIN at birth, in-Person and Mail (1.16M annually)
- More than 5,578 jobs posted daily on Job Bank (1.4M jobs are posted annually)
- There are an average of 1.45M visits to the mobile-friendly Canada.ca (529.67M annually)
Daily numbers are approximate and for Fiscal Year 2018-19. Numbers are based on 251 working days except Canada.ca which operates 365 days a year.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: