2017-2018 ESDC Departmental plan
In this report
- Ministers' message
- Plans at a glance
- Raison d'être, mandate and role: Who we are and what we do
- Operating context: Conditions affecting our work
- Key risks: Things that could affect our ability to achieve our plans and results
- Planned results: What we want to achieve this year and beyond
- Programs and priorities
- Program 1.1: Service network supporting government departments
- Program 1.2: Delivery of services for other Government of Canada programs
- Program 2.1: Skills and employment
- Horizontal initiatives: Service and benefits improvements
- Program 2.2: Learning
- Horizontal initiatives: Secure service and seamless access for clients
- Program 3.1: Labour
- Innovation and experimentation to better support Canadians
- Program 4.1: Income security
- Horizontal initiatives: Strategies for families, children and vulnerable groups
- Program 4.2: Social development
- Programs and priorities
- Spending and human resources
- Supplementary information
- Appendix: Definitions
About this Departmental Plan
This Departmental Plan provides key information on what Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is planning for the upcoming fiscal year and how the Department contributes to the Government's agenda.
- In the Plans at a Glance section, short descriptions of the key initiatives we are pursuing are listed under the Strategic Directions and Priorities that they support. More details on these initiatives can be found in the section of the document identified in the right-hand column.
- In the section Raison d'être, Mandate and Role, we provide details on the numbers of clients we served in 2015-2016 and our key service standard expectations for 2017-2018. We also feature some highlights of the role our regional offices play in pursuing collaboration with local partners.
- The trends and factors affecting our work and our ability to deliver on our commitments are discussed in the Operating Context and Key Risks sections.
- Throughout the section on Planned Results you will find highlight boxes that provide information on cross-cutting initiatives affecting a range of different programs, and innovative and experimental projects that support our commitment to better support and serve Canadians.
- We provide an overview of budgetary expenditures and human resources in the section on Spending and Human Resources.
- Supporting information on lower-level programs is available on ESDC's website.
- The following supplementary information tables are available on ESDC's website:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: