About the Apprenticeship Service
The Apprenticeship Service supports employers to hire new first-year apprentices in 39 Red Seal trades.
It also helps first-year apprentices get the hands-on work experience they need for a career in the skilled trades.
How the program works
ESDC funds organizations that work with employers in the skilled trades.
The organizations give financial support to small and medium-sized employers to hire first-year apprentices.
They also provide other supports to employers to help them take part in apprenticeship.
Employers with 499 or fewer paid employees can receive the financial support.
Eligible Red Seal trades
There are 39 Red Seal trades eligible for financial support:
- Concrete Finisher
- Construction Craft Worker
- Construction Electrician
- Drywall Finisher and Plasterer
- Floorcovering Installer
- Gasfitter - Class A
- Gasfitter - Class B
- Heavy Equipment Operator (Dozer)
- Heavy Equipment Operator (Excavator)
- Heavy Equipment Operator (Tractor-Loader-Backhoe)
- Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Instrumentation and Control Technician
- Insulator (Heat and Frost)
- Ironworker (Generalist)
- Ironworker (Reinforcing)
- Ironworker (Structural/Ornamental)
- Landscape Horticulturist
- Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic)
- Metal Fabricator (Fitter)
- Mobile Crane Operator
- Painter and Decorator
- Powerline Technician
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Sprinkler Fitter
- Tool and Die Maker
- Tower Crane Operator
- Date modified: