Advisory Committee on Homelessness
We held a call for nominations from February 1 to 20, 2017 to solicit nominations from across the country for the members of the Advisory Committee on Homelessness.
Selected from hundreds of nominations, the 13 members of the Advisory Committee on Homelessness include:
- housing and homelessness experts
- local and regional service providers
- individuals with a lived experience of homelessness
The Committee represents Canada’s regional, cultural and linguistic diversity. It will be chaired by Adam Vaughan, Parliamentary Secretary (Housing and Urban Affairs) to Minister Duclos and Member of Parliament for Spadina-Fort York. The Committee reports directly to the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development.
The mandate of the Advisory Committee on Homelessness is to support the redesign of Employment and Social Development Canada’s Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS) after 2018-19.
Roles and activities
During its mandate, the Advisory Committee on Homelessness will:
- explore in greater depth the ideas and the recommendations heard through the National Housing Strategy engagement process;
- undertake targeted engagement with homelessness experts and with communities and other stakeholders from across Canada;
- analyze specific options for the renewal of the HPS; and,
- provide the Minister with their findings and provide options with respect to the redesign of the program.
Compensation, travel and accommodation
Committee members are generally not financially compensated while conducting the Committee's work. However, accommodations and travel costs will be covered when attending meetings or engagement activities outside their home community in accordance with section 9 of the Department of Employment and Social Development Act and applicable Treasury Board Directives such as the National Joint Council Travel Directive.
Advisory Committee on Homelessness Secretariat
140 Promenade du Portage, 6th floor
Gatineau, QC K1A 0J9
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: