A total of 61 communities across Canada have been selected to receive ongoing support through the Designated Communities funding stream to address local homelessness issues.
- Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS) in Action: Reviews effective operational practices and provides examples of how Community Advisory Boards (CABs) and Regional Advisory Boards (RABs) are increasing their impact.
- Read the 2014-2019 Summary of Community Plans for small designated communities.
- Read the 2014-2019 Summary of Community Plans for large designated communities.
- National Shelter Study -: The first national analysis using consistent shelter data collected over an extended period of time to establish a baseline count and description of the characteristics of the homeless population in Canada. This study uses information gathered from emergency homeless shelters using the Homeless Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS) and emergency homeless shelters in the City of Toronto.
- Shelter Capacity Report 2013-2014: The annual Shelter Capacity Report provides capacity statistics for emergency homeless shelters, transitional housing and violence against women (VAW) shelters in Canada.
Find a community
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: