HIFIS 3 Training Centre
Every day hundreds of homeless shelters and service providers across Canada are using the Homeless Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS) software to register, book in, counsel and help their clients.
How HIFIS Helps
About the HIFIS Training Centre
Whether you are new to HIFIS, a long-time HIFIS user, or a HIFIS Administrator, there will be something for you in the HIFIS Training Centre.
The HIFIS Training Centre provides HIFIS staff and administrators with interactive, self-paced training to be used as:
- a comprehensive introduction to HIFIS for new users
- You are encouraged to complete the courses and modules in order because they are structured to build on one another. Later modules will make more sense after you have completed the topics in earlier modules
- a reference tool for existing HIFIS users
- If you are familiar with HIFIS you could decide to access only those modules or topics which you would like to review. You can also use the end-of-module Knowledge Checks to test your knowledge and then decide if you need training on a certain module.
- If you are a confident HIFIS user you may want to simply select one of the How-to demonstrations which are listed in the right navigation section in each module to review how to complete a certain task.
- a reference tool for Administrators who are introducing HIFIS to their shelters or service providers, are new to working with HIFIS, and would like to run their shelter or service provider more efficiently
- If you are an Administrator you can use the Administrator training to prepare for implementation of HIFIS, learn how to do Administrator tasks such as data cleaning and data integrity, learn how to set up HIFIS to use the software to its maximum potential.
HIFIS training enables you to quickly and easily find out how to complete tasks using HIFIS and use quick links to demonstrations if you need a reminder of how to do a task you may not often complete. It is available online and can be used 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition, you can start and stop the training whenever you wish. To see a complete outline of the modules, topics and videos available, you can go to the Table of Contents at any time. Even if you only have 5 minutes, you can watch a demonstration or practice a simulation.
What's New in 3.8?
In each of the courses you will learn how to use many new features of HIFIS 3.8, which include Case Management, Waiting Lists, Incidents, Messaging, and much more!
Note: This section will provide direct links to topics covering the HIFIS 3.8 features.
The HIFIS Basics course is made up of five modules for new HIFIS users. It begins with an orientation to HIFIS. Next, you will get an overview of the system. Finally, you will learn how to navigate within the software and how to complete basic tasks, which include: creating records, editing client details, and booking in clients and families. Successful completion of a Quiz at the end of this course will enable you to advise your Administrator that you have completed the training.
Beyond the Basics
The Beyond the Basics course contains four modules which introduce you to some very useful HIFIS features such as internal communications, incident recording, and the new Case Management feature for Caseworkers. You will also learn how to produce pre-made reports. If you work at a shelter you will learn how to do some basic tasks faster, such as using the Express Lane to book in clients. Successful completion of a Knowledge Check at the end of this course will enable you to advise your Administrator that you have completed the training.
The Administrator Training course provides guidance to new Administrators on how to prepare for a transition from another system (paper-based or electronic) to HIFIS. This module also provides guidance on how to set up HIFIS optimally for the specific needs of the service provider and make the most efficient use of the system.
The Administrator Training also covers how to make HIFIS easier to use how to maintain data integrity, and how to customize reports.
Administrators will also gain insight into how to direct staff to use the HIFIS Training Resource Centre.
The Help section covers navigating within the course, how to use the software demonstrations and simulations and contacting us to provide your feedback.
The Glossary section will enable you to look up terminology used within the training.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: