Section 7: Contacts and other useful information
EI Telephone Information Service
The EI Telephone Information Service is an automated telephone service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can get personalized up-to-date information by selecting option 1 to 4.
Information about your claim is updated every morning from Monday to Friday. To access information about your EI claim, you will need your SIN and access code, which you will find on the benefit statement that is mailed to you after you apply for EI benefits.
If you would prefer to speak to a representative, call this service between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. You can get general information about the EI program, the Social Insurance Number (SIN), and your specific EI claim.
Employment Insurance Telephone Information Service - 1-800-206-7218 (TTY: 1-800-529-3742)
Information on your benefit claim, your payments, and how to change your access code
- Information about a decision, a payment, or a deduction
- Information about remaining weeks of benefits, your benefit amount, and your allowable earnings
- How to change your access code
General information about Employment Insurance (EI)
- Information on how to apply for EI benefits, how we calculate your benefits, the Family Supplement, and repaying benefits
- Information about the types of EI benefits
- Information on the Career Transition Assistance initiative
Information about the Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Information on how to apply for a SIN, how to replace a SIN card, or how to change a name on the Social Insurance Register
- Information on how to report a lost or stolen SIN card, or how to let us know that a family member has died
- Other questions related to the SIN
Information on EI reports, office locations, and Internet addresses
- Information on submitting EI reports on the Internet or by telephone
- Nearest Service Canada Centre
- Internet addresses
Speak to a Service Canada representative
You can speak to a Service Canada representative from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
My Service Canada Account
My Service Canada Account allows you to view and update your EI information in one place using a secure website. With My Service Canada Account, you can:
- confirm any decision made about your EI application
- see details on your payments and deductions
- sign up for direct deposit
- view and update your personal information, including your mailing address, telephone number, and banking information for direct deposit
- view and print your EI tax information slips
- view all Records of Employment that your employers have submitted electronically in the last two years
How can I register for My Service Canada Account?
Before you register, you must have your four-digit EI access code (printed in the shaded area at the bottom of your benefit statement). You can then register for My Service Canada Account. It will take about 10 minutes to complete the registration process.
Looking for a job
The Government of Canada offers an online job-search tool called Job Bank. There, you will find not only a list of jobs available in Canada, but also many tools such as the Résumé Builder, as well as links to other job sites and labour market information. You can view the Job Bank.
You will also find a great deal of information on the Service Canada website. Most of this information is grouped by category (for example, employment, education and training, and finding a job):
Contact Service Canada
Click the Service Canada website
Call 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232)
Visit a Service Canada Centre
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: