Ontario - Kingston / Muskoka zone: Schedule of wage rates
Wage rates as of: August 15, 2011
Construction trades workers on the federal government construction contract listed in this appendix must be paid a regular hourly wage rate no less than the rate on this schedule for the type of work they are doing under the contract.
The apprentice wage rates are included into this schedule by reference to the Ontario Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act and its Regulations. Thus, where the Regulations refer to a percentage of a corresponding journeyperson's wage for a specific occupation, that percentage shall be applied against the wages listed below.
* Denotes a compulsory trade: a trade license or apprenticeship registration valid in Ontario is required to work in the occupation.
|Classification of Labour||Fair wage rate per hour not less than|
|Sprinkler System Installers||$36.14|
|* Pipefitters, Steamfitters||$31.28|
|*Sheet Metal Workers||$28.64|
|Ironworkers [except Reinforcing Ironworker (Rebar/Rodman)]||$29.93|
|Reinforcing Ironworkers (rebar/rodman)||$32.37|
|Tilesetters (including terrazzo, marble setters)||$27.26|
|Plasterers and Drywall Tapers||$31.33|
|Drywall Installers, and Finishers and Lathers||$29.04|
|Interior System Mechanics (including Steel Stud)||$28.78|
|*Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics||$23.04|
|*Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics||$28.91|
|*Mobile Crane Operators||$33.82|
|*Tower Crane Operators||$34.78|
|Straight Truck Drivers||$18.62|
|Road Tractor Drivers for Semi-Trailers and Trailers||$19.21|
|Operators - Heavy Equipment (ex. Cranes, Graders)||$21.66|
|Asphalt Plant Operators||$21.93|
|Packer (road-roller) Operators||$16.25|
|Pressure Vessel Welders||$35.82|
|Traffic Accommodation/Control Persons||$15.25|
|Labourers (Except Traffic Accommodation/Control Persons)||$17.45|
Fair wage schedule prepared by: Labour Standards and Workplace Equity Division, Labour Program, Employment and Social Development Canada. Based on the National Construction Industry Wage Rate Survey (2009) conducted by the Small Business and Special Surveys Division, Statistics Canada.
Contractors should note:
- That during the term of this contract, the rates listed herein may be revised in accordance with the labour conditions; and
- That in carrying out any of the work contemplated by this contract, the contractor is also subject to any applicable provincial laws and regulations and
- Overtime must be paid according to provincial legislation concerning hours of work at a rate equal to at least one and one-half times the fair wage rate and
- Schedule rates are "straight" wages and do not include compensation in the form of benefits (for example, medical, dental, or pension plans); and
- In the event of a complaint under the Fair Wages and Hours of Labour Act ,if the occupation of the complainant is not on the posted schedule, the Labour Program inspector will assign the most similar occupation from the schedule by comparing the national occupational classification (NOC) code and the job description that best defines the work actually done by the complainant.
For information concerning these schedules and The Fair Wages and Hours of Labour Act under which they are developed, or to lodge a complaint, contact your nearest Labour Program district office or call 1-800-O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: