Workplace health and safety
Learn about workplace hazards, rights and responsibilities, health and wellness, injury prevention, compensation and the federal Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
Services and information
Get information about WHMIS for workers, employers and suppliers.
Understand the hazards in your workplace, including chemical, ergonomic, physical or psychosocial.
Access health and safety programs for injury and illness prevention.
Find out about workplace stress, violence and bullying, and programs for promoting health and wellness. Also explore ways to balance work and personal life.
Discover your rights as an employee or responsibilities as an employer in the workplace.
Help for federal government employees who are injured on the job inside or outside of Canada.
Discover how to promote mental health at work and how it benefits you.
Find out about impairment and cannabis in the workplace, and learn how you can address any kind of impairment at work.
Learn about the successful prosecutions that are helping to keep employees safe.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Hazardous Products Act
- Canada Labour Code
- Controlled Products Regulations
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Harassment and sexual violence in the workplace
- Workplace Inspections - A Matter of Health and Safety
- Summary of Part 2 of the Canada Labour Code
- Right to Refuse Dangerous Work
- Employer and employee duties
- Management of hazardous substances