Who is going to be using HIFIS? Who currently gathers the information you collect? Will they enter it directly into HIFIS? Will it be entered by a different person on their behalf?
Will you introduce HIFIS to a small group and gradually add more users as the first group becomes comfortable? Think about what information each user will need. Do they all need access to the same information? Who will be producing the reports for your organization?
Information about training these employees on HIFIS is found in the Adapting HIFIS Training to your Organization section later in this module.
Every HIFIS user must have a profile. The profile determines:
- Which service providers they are allowed to see (if your organization has more than one service provider)
- Which screens they are allowed to see and which information they can add, change or delete
- For which types of clients they can see information (male, female, children, youth, hidden clients) and whether they can access confidential documents
- Specifics of how HIFIS works for them
Why is it important to assign different user rights to different users?
- It helps you to keep confidential information secure. For example, you probably do not want everyone in your organization to have access to case notes, financial profiles or medical information.
- It helps to keep your data safe. People cannot accidently erase or change data if they do not have the rights to do it.
- It helps you, as the administrator, control how HIFIS is used. For example, only administrators can change user rights and HIFIS defaults.
- It supports efficiency. HIFIS has many interesting features. You may want to limit access to or disable some of them to make it easier to find the specific features that you are using in your organization, and to decrease the risk that the database will take up space on your system with information you do not need.
Once you have a user profile created with user rights set up, you can clone the user rights and/or service providers to other users of the same user type. For example, you need to clone the rights from one Administrator to create another.
Information about setting user profiles is included in HIFIS Set-up: Users.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: