Creating a Secondary Service Provider
Louise is the daytime HIFIS Administrator at the House of Hope. The House of Hope is an emergency shelter that offers case management services as well as. They also offer several services at other locations. The King Street Food Bank and the Shelley House Emergency Shelter for Women and Children are both administered by the House of Hope, but they are not located in the same building. Shelley House is a violence against women (VAW) shelter and the Executive Director needs to be able to separate the clients who use the VAW shelter from those using the emergency shelter. As a result, Louise and her Executive Director decide that the food bank and Shelley House should be listed as secondary service providers.
Step by Step: Assigning a Secondary Service Provider
- From the Administration menu, select Service Providers.
- Select the Add a New Record button. The Assign Secondary Service Provider ID screen opens.
- The numbers in blue are the unique site ID for the organization. In the blank fields to the right of the site ID, select a unique set of letters to differentiate the new service provider. Select the Blue check mark button.
Note: The primary service provider is always assigned AA as its unique ID letters.
- Enter the Name of the secondary service provider.
- Enter the Phone number, Fax number, and Email for your secondary service provider.
- If needed, enter a cut-off time to indicate the time, after midnight, that you consider part of the previous day’s book-ins. For example, if you set the cut-off time for 02:00 the day will end at 02:00 instead of midnight.
- In the SP Type tab, select the main purpose of the service provider in the Service Provider Type drop-down list.
- In the Target Clientele drop-down list, select the type of clientele that is served. If your clientele does not fit into the categories listed, choose General.
- Check one or more of the check boxes under Genders Served and Other Attributes to further define your service provider.
- Select the Service(s) Offered button to choose additional programs that are offered at the service provider.
- In the Address tab, enter the service provider’s address.
- In the Comments tab, enter any additional information.
- Select Save and Exit.
Show me a demonstration about how to add a secondary service provider.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: