In the Settings tab, the service provider can change the settings for various data security and ease of use functions. The number of days that pass before a backup reminder and a forced password change can be adjusted to fit the needs of the organization.
Defining Some of the Choices
Room/Bed Number Padding: This is the length of the number used to represent a room or bed. For example, if the padding number is 3, when entering a room the maximum number of characters allowed would be three. If a room or bed number that is entered is longer than the padding number, HIFIS will only save the number of digits allowed. For instance, if the bed number is 10183 but the padding number is 3, only 101 will be recorded. However, if 1 is entered, HIFIS will record it as 001.
Data in G&S Grid: The number in this field determines how long records in the Goods & Services list will automatically be shown. For example if 24 months is selected, data from up to 2 years will be shown. Note that data is not deleted or removed from HIFIS once it is past the time limit, however, it will not appear in the list unless the user selects the Get All Reports button.
Step by Step: Mail Settings
- From the Administration menu, select HIFIS Defaults.
- In HIFIS Defaults, select the Settings tab
- Select the Edit the Current Record button.
- Edit the left side of the record by using the arrow buttons.
- Select Outlook or Blat for the Program Used for e-mail. If the service provider does not use Microsoft Outlook, select Blat. (This information is used to allow HIFIS to send automatic error reports to the HIFIS 3 Support Desk)
- If Blat is selected, enter the program’s SMTP server value and the associated User ID and Account Password (if you do not know where to find this, your email provider should be able to provide this information).
- Select the Save button.
- Edit Current Record button
- Save button
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: