Adding Look-Up Values
In the Case Management module in Beyond the Basics, you were introduced to Ashley. Ashley and Louise decided to add a goal to the Case Management screen. (Note: It is not necessary to do the Case Management module to understand this example.) Because the goal is chosen from a drop-down list, Louise looks for the correct table in the Look-Up Values Management Menu and realizes that she needs to add the value to Case Management Outcomes. By following the steps below, Louise successfully adds a new option to the drop-down list.
Step by Step: Entering New Look-Up Values
- From the Administration menu, select Look-Up Tables.
- The Look-Up Tables Management Menu will open. Select the look-up table to be edited and press the Blue Check Mark button
- Select the Add a New Record button. The following screen opens:
- Enter the English and French descriptions and press enter. Louise enters Education – Obtain GED and Obtenir un certificat d'équivalence d'études secondaires in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the Roll-up Value. Choose the value from the original set most like the value you are entering. If the data in the field is collected by the National Homelessness Information System (NHIS), the roll-up value will be collected and not the detail. For example, Louise would enter Social and Community Connections in the Roll-up Value because that is the existing value that includes education-related activities.
- Make sure the Active checkbox is selected.
- Select the Save button.
HIFIS allows users to work in either English or French. It relies on users to enter the English and French descriptions of any added values. When someone uses the software, the choices they have on the drop-down lists include whatever was inputted into the English and French descriptions.
If you add new values, you may want to re-organize the look-up values again as new values are added to the end of the list.
Show me a demonstration about how to enter new look-up values.
- Blue Check Mark button
- Add a New Record button
- Save button
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: