What is Data Integrity?
For the HIFIS Administrator, data integrity is about making sure the data you have is accurate and protected. It is important that you check the data regularly for errors, and to see if it makes sense.
Why is data accuracy important?
- HIFIS contains a database with information about your clients
- The information provides a picture of homelessness as encountered in your organization
- You, your funders, the HPS, government analysts and other decision makers at the local, provincial and national levels depend on accurate data to make decisions
What causes inaccurate data?
- Data entered incorrectly
- Software bugs or crashes
How can you minimize the risks to your data integrity?
- Back up data regularly
- Control access to data
- Use the data integrity tools to fix or delete incorrect data
- Implement a workflow and habits that prevent the input of invalid data
What are the consequences of inaccurate data in HIFIS?
- Duplicate or incorrect data will make your reports inaccurate
- Inaccurate reports could affect your funding, your planning and could misrepresent the effectiveness of your programs
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: