A field is a box where one piece of data or information can be captured in the HIFIS database. In HIFIS, there are several types of fields:
- date and time fields – these enable you to enter a date or time. Right clicking in the field allows you to enter today’s date or the current time. Date fields must be completed in the following order: day/month/year or dd/mm/yyyy.
- drop-down lists – where you select information from a list.
- regular fields – you can enter information in these fields, but it is not mandatory.
- mandatory fields (red) – you are unable to save the record until information is entered in these fields.
- greyed out fields – these fields are “read-only” which means you cannot enter any information because the field is not active
You can use the tab key to move between fields quickly.
Show me a demonstration about HIFIS fields.
Field: A box in HIFIS screens where information is entered into the database.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: