In Modules 1 and 2 you learned how to navigate to the Reception screen in HIFIS. You also learned how to create client records and family records. Now you will learn how to book in clients and families.
Lara Simpson and her son 15 year-old son Gerard have arrived at the House of Hope shelter. Janine, a new staff member, has created client records for Lara and Gerard, and has also associated their records to create a family in HIFIS. With a family created, Janine can save time by booking in Lara and Gerard together. Lara’s husband Gene, who is part of the family record, is not at the shelter with Lara and Gerard and therefore will not be booked in.
Janine needs to access the Reception window from the Home screen before she can book Lara and Gerard into the shelter.
In Modules 1 and 2 you learned how to navigate to the Reception screen. If you are unsure, here is a quick review:
Step by Step: Navigating to the Reception screen
- Select the Front Desk image from the Control Panel
- The Front Desk Menu opens
- Select Reception – the day to day Operations Hub
- The Reception screen opens to a list of clients
- Select Lara Simpson’s record from the list
Janine is now in the right place to book-in Lara and her son, Gerard. She selects the Book In Button and the following screen appears:
Janine knows she needs to complete the red fields (mandatory fields), but she also sees several button images she has never seen before.
Overview of Buttons in Graphical Book-In Window
- Select Date button
- Use it to select a date from a calendar. Right clicking enters today’s date.
- Assign Beds button
- Opens the graphical booking screen, where you can place a client into a bed.
- Add All button
- Use this to select every item on the list.
- Remove All button
- Use it to deselect every item on the list.
- Add a Comment for highlighted client button
- Add a comment to a selected client.
- Add a comment to all selected clients
- Adds a comment to more than one client.
Janine selects Lara and Gerard to book them in. She cannot use the Add all button as Gene is not being booked in. She then selects the Assign Beds button to open the Shelter Map for her service provider, House of Hope.
- Book In Button
Booking in: To record that a client is staying at your shelter you must book them in. This can be done through the Reception screen.
Shelter Map: A graphical display of a shelter’s rooms and beds.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: