Adding a Goods Record
Frank is providing Cam with toiletries and clothing. This needs to be recorded in HIFIS so that Frank’s Director, Pat, can show funders the services provided by the King Street Food Bank. It also helps Frank’s community to better understand the scope of homelessness in their area.
Step by Step
- Frank opens the Goods & Services window from the Front Desk Menu.
- He selects Cam from the client list since he created the client record earlier.
- Frank selects the Service provider, Date, Time and # of People the record is for.
- He chooses Goods & Services as the Type of Assistance provided.
- Frank selects the Add New Record button to add a new Good.
- He fills out the mandatory fields by selecting the Good, Unit of Measurement, and Quantity.
- If there is a Unit Cost and or Charge to the client associated with the Good, then Frank would enter it in the proper field. Note: The Unit Cost is the cost to the service provider of providing the good or service. The Charge to the client is the price for the good or service charged to the client (which could be much lower than the cost to the service provider). These costs will vary depending on the service provider.
- Frank saves the record.
Below you will find a Show me demonstration and a Let me try simulation. You may wish to try to add a good record in the simulation, or you can watch the demonstration and then try it yourself.
Show me a demonstration of how to Add a Good Record.
Let me try to Add a Good Record in HIFIS on my own.
The simulation uses screenshots from the live HIFIS application and creates a realistic environment where you can practice the skills you have learned.
As you move through the simulation, you will be provided with data to enter and feedback on your progress.
If you are unsure how to proceed, the simulation will help you with next steps.
- Add New Record button
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: