Creating Meal Records
The Adding Group Activities section of the Goods & Services window enables service providers like the King Street Food Bank to keep track of the number of people served during an activity with many participants, such as a hot meal.
Frank was working at the Food Bank during meal time. It was his task to keep track of the number of people coming through. Many he knew by sight and was able to jot the information down to be recorded later. He also noted that for today’s dinner, a group he did not know came in for a meal. There were two senior citizens, one male and one female, a younger man in his forties and three children under the age of 16, all boys.
Recording an anonymous Hot meal record in Group Activities.
Step by Step: Recording an Anonymous Hot Meal Record
- Select Goods & Services from the Front Desk menu
- Select the Add a New Record button
- Select the Client button
- Since it is an Anonymous group, Anonymous is selected from the list
- Select the Service Provider, Date and Time, and Reason for Service
- Choose Group Activities as the Type of Assistance Provided
- Select the number of clients associated with this date and time. For example, in the scenario above you would enter “6” in the number of People field (see screenshot below). – Note: when you choose Group Activities and the number of clients is more than 1, the age and gender fields are no longer mandatory
- In the Group Activities tab, choose Meals – Hot / Cold from the Group Activity drop-down menu.
- The Group Activities tab will allow you to enter the information that is known. HIFIS will automatically calculate the number of Unknown records.
- Add New Record button
- Client button
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: