Creating a Waiting List for a Program, Service or Bed
Waiting lists can be created in HIFIS for high demand services or programs. For example, a shelter may have a waiting list for a family room with a crib, or there could be a program or service, such as substance abuse counselling, that clients would like to be put on a waiting list for.
Adding a client record to a Waiting list requires two things:
- Ensure a record exists for the client who would like to be put on the waiting list. In Clients, search for the client record. If the client record does not exist, create the record for the client (see Module 1).
- Check if the Waiting list exists already; if not, create it and attach the client.
The Waiting List Window
This window is accessed from the Front Desk menu.
Question 1: Does your client’s record exist in HIFIS?
- Yes: Go directly to Question 2
- No: Create the client record in HIFIS then go to Question 2
Question 2: Does your waiting list exist?
- Yes: Go to Step by Step below: Adding clients to a Waiting List
- No: Go to Show Me Demo: Creating a Waiting List
Step by Step: Adding a client to a Waiting List
- Select Waiting List from the Front Desk Menu
- In the List View highlight the Waiting list you want to add the client to
- Select the Details tab
- Select the Edit the current record button. You will then see the following:
- Select the Add a New Client to the List button
- Select the client record from the list, then select the blue check mark button
- Enter a Start date, the Priority and the Status of the individual on the list
- Press the Save Changes button
HIFIS only allows you to have a waiting list if you add at least one client immediately.
Show me a demonstration of how to Create a Waiting list.
- Edit the current record button
- Add New Record button
- Blue check mark button
- Save Changes button
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: