About the Office of Skills for Success
The Office of Skills for Success (OSS) aims to help Canadians succeed in work, learning and life.
- OSS helps Canadians access online tools to assess their skills needs, and
- Funds skills development projects through the Skills for Success program
The Skills for Success program provides funding to organizations, employers, provinces and territories to:
- develop assessment and training tools related to the Skills for Success, and
- test, replicate, and scale Skills for Success training approaches with a focus on groups underrepresented in the workplace. This includes people with a disability, Indigenous and racialized populations across Canada
OSS works closely with provinces and territories to share proven training methods and develop new skills tools.
Partners and stakeholders
OSS works with other ESDC programs such as:
- the Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, and
- the Enabling Fund for Official Language Minority Communities
OSS collaborates with other government departments to enhance access to skills training for those most in need.
OSS also works with stakeholders to ensure skill programs remain relevant to Canadians and employers needs.
- Date modified: