Additional information on the Primary Agriculture Review
Official title: Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program Primary Agriculture Review: national call-out for research – Additional information
What is the Primary Agriculture Review?
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is working with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada to undertake a three-stage review of the Primary Agriculture Stream of the TFW Program that includes:
- a labour market study to assess the impact of potential changes to the Primary Agriculture Stream
- a study on developing a national standard for employer-provided housing
- stakeholder consultations seeking input on how to reform the Primary Agriculture Stream including the impacts of expanding the regulatory definition of primary agriculture
The Review will also explore modernizing the administration of the TFW Program's Primary Agriculture Stream, including:
- the current wage determination methodology for the primary agriculture sector and potential alternative methods
- how to determine market rates for employer-provided housing
- how to better align employment practices in primary agriculture with the Canadian labour market including outreach to underrepresented groups in efforts to target domestic workers
Do I need academic qualifications to participate?
No. You do not need to have academic qualifications to participate in this call-out for research, but the provided research should be evidence-based.
Will I be paid for my contribution?
No compensation will be provided for participation in this call-out for research.
Why should I participate?
ESDC acknowledges the importance of agriculture and is committed to engaging Canadians during this review of the Primary Agriculture Stream of the TFW Program. This is an opportunity for all Canadians who could be affected by changes to the TFW Program to contribute to the review of the Primary Agriculture Stream.
Can I submit research by another person?
Yes, you may submit available research by another person provided that you meet the conditions in the ESDC copyright policy.
How will my information be used?
To submit research to the national call-out, you are asked to provide your name and contact information to ESDC so that the Department can contact you if additional information regarding your submission is required. Your information will be held and disposed of by the TFW Program of ESDC according to information management policy.
The TFW Program will provide submitted research to an independent contractor who will conduct a literature review of the research received in the call-out. This will help inform and subsequently shape any potential changes made to the Primary Agriculture Stream. Should the contractor need additional information on your submission, your name and contact information will be shared with the contractor.
A list of the submitted research may be made public as part of reporting the concluding results of the Primary Agriculture Review.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: