Canada Education Savings Grant - What you need before you start

4. What you need before you start

There are no fees associated with the CESG as such, although some RESP providers may apply service or administration fees. The CESG is based on total contributions made to an RESP on behalf of a beneficiary. Any fees would depend on the promoter and the RESP contract signed by the subscriber. Subscribers should select the plan they are most comfortable with.

You will need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for your child. There is no fee to get a SIN. However, certain documents, such as a birth certificate or permanent resident card, are required.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Privacy statement

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: