Canada Student Loan Borrowers
Stressed that you can’t make your loan payment? Already missed a loan payment? The Government of Canada has repayment assistance options that may be able to help. Contact the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) and your provincial or territorial student financial aid office to discuss repayment options.
If you have a Canada Student Loan, one of the following measures may be right for you:
- Through the Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP) you may qualify for a reduced monthly payment or no monthly payment.
- Through the Repayment Assistance Plan for Borrowers with a Permanent Disability (RAP-PD) you may qualify for a reduced monthly payment (or no monthly payment at all) and receive financial help with expenses related to your disability.
- You may be eligible to have your loans forgiven through the Severe Permanent Disability Benefit if you have a severe permanent disability.
- Under the Revision of Terms measure, you can ask to have your student loan payments decreased if you are having difficulty repaying your student loan debt or increased if you wish to pay off your loan debt more quickly.
- If your Canada Student Loan is in collection, Canada Student Loan Rehabilitation may be able to help you.
- You may be eligible for Canada Student Loan Forgiveness for Family Doctors and Nurses if you are working as a family doctor, resident in family medicine, nurse or nurse practitioner in an under-served rural or remote community.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: