Funding: National projects - Surplus Federal Real Property for Homelessness Initiative
The Surplus Federal Real Property for Homelessness Initiative (SFRPHI) is a funding stream of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS). It makes surplus federal real properties available to eligible recipients for projects to help prevent and reduce homelessness.
The following organizations are eligible:
- Provincial, territorial and municipal governments and agencies, public health and educational institutions with the agreement of their provincial or territorial government.
- Community-based organizations, and in some cases housing cooperatives with valid non-profit charters, with the written agreement of their municipality/town.
- For profit organizations where the activity is non-commercial and supports program objectives.
- Aboriginal organizations.
Eligible activities can include investments in transitional, permanent supportive, longer-term housing and related support and emergency services. The primary purpose of these investments is to help individuals gain access to housing, stable support, and to prevent and reduce homelessness. Recipients of these properties must agree to maintain these activities for 15 years.
How to apply for properties
- Review the list of available properties.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: