Digital Skills for Youth – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
Description of the Program
This program helps you create digital/IT related jobs for youth. These jobs help recent post-secondary graduates aged 30 and under develop digital and soft skills through work and training.
Qualified employers get wage subsidies and funds for administrative costs and training.
Jobs last for 900 hours.
Roles can include:
- Web design and web development;
- Coding and App development;
- IT tech support/help desk;
- Hardware repair/refurbishment;
- Social media tools, strategies, and content; and
- Data processing and management.
Who can apply
You are a potential partner if you are a:
- Small business with 100 or fewer employees; or
- Not-for-profit group.
As a partner, you must provide:
- At least 50% of the salary and benefits;
- Supervision and mentorship;
- Training and supervision plans; and
- Equipment like computer, space, and other workplace items.
June 1, 2018 to March 31, 2020
Steps to apply
Contact the delivery organizations listed on the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada website.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: