Canada Learning Bond for those under 18 years old – Apply

3. Apply

To complete your application, you need to do the following:

1. Gather personal information

Before requesting the CLB on behalf of an eligible child, the following is needed:

If the subscriber is not the child’s primary caregiver, you will need their SIN too.

2. Contact a participating RESP promoter to open an RESP

To request the CLB, open a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) with a participating RESP promoter. A bank account is not necessary to open an RESP.

Choose and open an RESP
List of RESP promoters
Learn more about the RESP
Questions to ask an RESP promoter

If a child has already been named the beneficiary of an RESP, but is not receiving the CLB, speak to the RESP promoter.

3. Check that the CLB is deposited in the RESP

Once the application is approved, the CLB will be deposited in the RESP for every year that the child is eligible.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: