My Service Canada Account (MSCA): Overview

From: Employment and Social Development Canada


Please be advised that this service will be unavailable from 10:30 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2019 to 4:00 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2019 (Eastern Time) to permit system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

1. Overview

My Service Canada Account (MSCA) offers the following services:

Employment Insurance (EI)

  • View your application status, payment information, current and past claims
  • Sign up for email notifications “Alert-me”
  • View and print your tax slips (T4E)
  • View your Records of Employment (ROEs) your employers have submitted electronically
  • Sign up for direct deposit
  • View and change your personal information with EI (mailing address, direct deposit and/or telephone number)
  • Submit electronic forms (eForms) to update your information if you travel outside Canada or take a training while receiving EI benefits, and view previously submitted eForms
  • Register for EI benefits for self-employed or cancel your current agreement

Canada Pension Plan (CPP) / Old Age Security (OAS) / Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)


When applying for Old Age Security (OAS) pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS), you may receive the following error message after you submit your application: "System Unavailable, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later we apologize for any inconvenience". If you receive this error message, please rest assured that your application has been submitted and you do not need to re-submit it. We are currently fixing this technical issue. For more information, you may contact us and speak with one of our agents over the phone. We apologize for any inconvenience.

  • Apply for OAS and GIS online
  • Apply for CPP online
  • Request your Child Rearing Provision (CRP)
  • View your CPP Contributions or get an estimate of your monthly benefits
  • View your CPP or OAS application status and payment information
  • View and print your tax slips (T4A, NR4)
  • Share your direct deposit information between CPP and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
  • View and change your personal information with CPP or OAS (mailing address, direct deposit and/or telephone number)
  • Delay receiving your OAS pension
  • Start, change or stop federal voluntary tax deductions from CPP and OAS
  • Give consent for someone to communicate with CPP / OAS on your behalf

Additional service in MSCA

Access CRA’s My Account for individuals without having to register or log in again.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: