Protecting your My Service Canada Account personal information
Service Canada is committed to protecting your personal information and providing secure services online.
How we protect your information
We do not share your information with anyone. Any information you give us is protected under the Privacy Act.
There are three main ways that we make sure your information is secure:
- We use firewalls. Firewalls are a mix of hardware and software that separate the outside world from our internal computer systems.
- We use encryption. Encryption scrambles the information that goes between your computer and ours. This helps block outside parties from seeing or changing the information.
- We have a secure login process. To log in, you need a personal access code or an EI access code. This lets us confirm your identity before you see any of your information.
What you can do
Use only your own account
- Do not use My Service Canada Account (MSCA) on behalf of someone else
- You may only log in as yourself
- A registered trustee, guardian, or other legal representative can act for you in person, by mail or by phone, but not online
Keep your information private
Do not share your MSCA username and password, EI access code or personal access code with anyone.
- Register for MSCA
- Log into MSCA
- About MSCA
- Employment Insurance (EI) information
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)/Old Age Security (OAS) information
- Tax slips information
- About your MSCA credentials
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: