Nat Peters: Program Coordinator
“What I love best about working at ECCC is collaborating with a passionate and dedicated team to conserve Canada’s natural spaces.”
Meet Nat Peters, a federal public servant of over 20 years, and the Program Coordinator of the Ecological Gifts Program (EGP). The EGP is the only national program in Canada that employs enhanced tax incentives to support citizen-led land conservation. Nat joined Environment and Climate Change Canada 3 years ago and works out of the Gatineau office.
As program coordinator for the EGP, Nat plays an important role in the conservation of Canada’s natural environment. She provides day-to-day support in administering the EGP, which includes providing information to Canadians, and technical support, analysis and general administrative assistance to the Program’s team in locations across Canada. Nat also coordinates the work of the independent Appraisal Review Panel and maintains the EGP database application, which is the main tool used to coordinate gift files and report on impacts and achievements.
Preserving natural spaces for current and future generations is one of Nat’s greatest motivators. She is proud to be a part of a dedicated team that helps to protect ecologically sensitive land, thus leaving a legacy for future generations.
Collaborating with enthusiastic and creative colleagues, and being a part of one of Canada’s top 10 employers (Forbes, 2021), is what Nat enjoys most about working at ECCC.
To learn more about Nat’s work, visit the Ecological Gifts Program web page.
Here are a few random facts about Nat:
- What was your first job? I babysat and mowed lawns at 12 and at 15, I worked for the Jasper Inn Motor Lodge and Restaurant in Jasper, Alberta, as a bus girl and housekeeper.
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Ride a bike.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza because it’s versatile and you can vary your toppings – and, you can include all the major food groups!
- What are your hobbies? Knitting, crocheting and painting (water color, acrylic).
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? Pistachio.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Seven, of which two are biking cleats!
- What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) Train, as it is a relaxed way to travel while observing the landscape.
- What's your favourite fast food chain? A&W…for the root beer!
- Do you love or hate rollercoasters? I dislike them, very much. I’d much rather hurl myself down a hill on my bike 🙂.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Retired or working part-time only. Free to travel and bike all over the world while having the financial freedom to support my activities.
- Date modified: