Results of our second pulse check survey are in!
August 31, 2020
Once again the #ECCCFamily has come through and delivered on our request to participate in our second pulse check survey! A remarkable 50 percent of you completed the survey, most within the first 24 hours of it being posted online. This is an increase of 20 per cent over our previous survey in April.
Some of the key results of the survey show that:
- A majority of you indicate that you, your families and your teams are coping well - you are able to balance your work responsibilities, connect regularly with your supervisor and are clear about your work priorities. These results show an improvement from our previous survey, which tells us that you continue to adapt to the very unique circumstances we are in.
- Most of you are adapting well to connecting and collaborating remotely, making use of the new tools and the enhancements to the VPN that have been put in place.
- There is a high level of interest in exploring the option of teleworking either full or part time in the future.
- A strong majority of managers indicate they are proud of how their employees are functioning under these challenging circumstances.
- Many of you have expressed that you are concerned with returning to worksites at the moment. You also indicated that safety measures such as limiting the number of people in a worksite and physical distancing would increase your comfort level. Please be reassured that we are taking a prudent approach, and will continue to make every effort to ensure staff health and safety at our worksites.
Your feedback is important to us. Your views will be taken into consideration as we continue to support staff who are working remotely, and develop procedures and tools related to the gradual return to worksites. As the Deputy Ministers indicated in their recent message, some employees have already been a part of the first phase of the return to worksite effort this Summer, and other aspects of this first phase will continue into the fall.
We thank you very much for participating in the survey. An overview of the results is attached to this message and we encourage you to have a look. We will continue to provide updates as they become available. In the meantime, please consult our one-stop shop for COVID-19 employee information canada.ca/eccc-covid19 for all the latest information.
Assistant Deputy Minister
Corporate Services and Finance Branch
Chief Human Resources Management Officer
Human Resources Branch
Director General, Communications
Public and Indigenous Affairs and Ministerial Services Branch
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: