Share your thoughts: Proposed Alberta Equivalency Agreement with the Federal Methane Regulations
Current status: Open
This consultation will be open from June 6, 2020 to August 5, 2020.
The Government of Canada is soliciting feedback on the proposed equivalency agreement with the province of Alberta on the Regulations Respecting Reduction in the Release of Methane and Certain Volatile Organic Compounds (Upstream Oil and Gas Sector) (the Federal Methane Regulations).
Comments on the proposed equivalency agreement can be provided in writing by August 5, 2020.
You can find the draft equivalency agreement here.
Join in: how to participate
To learn how we will protect your privacy during this consultation, please review our privacy statement.
Send us an email
Submit your comments by email and cite “Alberta Methane Equivalency Agreement” in the subject header: email@example.com
Who is the focus of this consultation
The Government of Canada would like to engage with:
- indigenous peoples
- provincial, territorial and local governments
- industry stakeholders and association members
- non-governmental organizations
- the general public
Key theme for discussion
Your ideas and input are sought on the proposed equivalency agreement with the province of Alberta on the Federal Methane Regulations.
- Emission Reduction Estimation for Alberta Equivalency with Federal Methane Regulations
- See the Regulations Respecting Reduction in the Release of Methane and Certain Volatile Organic Compounds (Upstream Oil and Gas Sector) for more information on the Federal Methane Regulations
Oil, Gas and Alternative Energy Division
Energy and Transportation Directorate
Environmental Protection Branch
Environment and Climate Change Canada
351 Saint-Joseph Boulevard
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: