Massif des monts Sutton BioKit: activity kit
Four seasons of fun for the whole family!
With the Massif des monts Sutton BioKit in hand, come and explore the world of living organisms and their fascinating and constant changes. The Biosphere and its collaborators are pleased to offer you this family activity kit!
The Centre local de développement (CLD) de Brome-Missisquoi and the Corporation de développement économique de Sutton (CDES) are working in collaboration with trail managers and conservation organizations to provide you with a network of environmentally friendly trails that respect biodiversity.
As an environmental museum, the Biosphere encourages citizens to take action and get involved in environmental issues. In addition to presenting exhibits and special events, the Biosphere develops educational and awareness-raising products for a diverse clientele across Canada and is a recognized clearinghouse for environmental information.
Did you say biodiversity?
Keep your eyes and ears wide open. Biodiversity is all around you with its multitude of living organisms, ecosystems and their complex and organized relationships.
How the BioKit Works
- Choose your trail.*
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes, boots or snowshoes, and bring a bottle of water, magnifying glass, binoculars, small mirror, pencil and camera.
- Carry out the suggested activities, while using the eco-friendly tips for hikers.
- When you get home, complete your diagnosis and share your discoveries with your friends.
* Get a map of the trails from the Parc d'environnement naturel de Sutton [in French only], the Réserve naturelle des Montagnes-Vertes [in French only], the Sentiers de l'Estrie [in French only], the Ruiter Valley Land Trust or the Sutton Tourism Office.
Eco-friendly tips for hikers
- Whisper. Above all, do not shout: you will scare away the animals.
- Stay on the pathways so you do not trample anything.
- Do not pick plants and do not bring animals back with you.
- Keep dogs on a leash on pathways where they are permitted and make sure to scoop up their feces.
- Do not light a campfire; it is strictly forbidden!
- Leave only your footprints and take only photos!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: