Massif des monts Sutton BioKit: biodiversity tips
How will you help conserve biodiversity in the region?
Decide on a specific action that you can take as a family!
Get interested and involved in preserving your surroundings. Become a member of a local organization devoted to the development, restoration or conservation of the Massif des monts Sutton.
- Leave dead trees in place and do not burn the branches: animals use these for shelter and food.
- Become an environmentally friendly gardener. Do not use pesticides. These are prohibited in Quebec!
- Use indigenous plants in your landscaping. Try attracting pollinators and birds - even better!
- Volunteer [in French only]to take part in organized clean-ups or hikes.
- Compost naturally fertilizes the soil and encourages biodiversity!
- Contribute to the safeguarding of exceptional ecosystems or to the creation of wildlife corridors by donating land through the Ecological Gifts Program or contact your local conservation group.
- Buy certified products that come from sustainable logging operations.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: