Risk management strategy for perfluorooctane sulfonate and its salts and precursors: chapter 9
A mail-out and on-line consultation approach is planned to present this risk management strategy to stakeholders. Based on the demand, a multi-stakeholder consultation session may be scheduled. The consultations will address:
- The proposed risk management approach;
- The proposed exemptions; and,
- Any additional exemptions that may be identified.
- Canadian importers of PFOS, its salts and its precursors;
- Canadian importers of articles containing PFOS, its salts and its precursors;
- Canadian users of PFOS based surfactants in the electroplating sector;
- Canadian users of PFOS AFFF use for firefighting. This would include, but not be limited to, Airport Authorities, Department of National Defence, Transport Canada, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, municipalities, petrochemical manufacturers and refineries;
- Industry associations representing the various industrial sectors referenced above;
- Environmental non-government organizations (ENGOs);
- Provincial and Territorial governments; and
- Federal government departments and agencies.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: