EcoAction Community Funding Program: potential applicants
Potential applicants should read the Applicant's Guide to learn if your group and project idea are eligible for funding and how to determine which performance indicators to track.
Non-profit groups and non-governmental groups and organizations are eligible to receive funding through the EcoAction Community Funding Program. Examples of eligible groups include:
- environmental groups
- community groups
- youth and seniors groups
- community-based associations
- service clubs
- Indigenous organizations
The following groups are not eligible but are encouraged to partner with non-profit organizations to support a project proposal:
- educational institutions
- municipal, provincial, territorial, federal governments
Your project must address the key environmental priority of fresh water and one of the related Priority Results.
All projects must clearly demonstrate that activities are measurable, provide opportunities for community members to take action, and will result in positive environmental impact. All projects and activities must include:
- at least one environmental indicator and one capacity building indicator as per the program's list of performance indicators (please refer to the Applicant's Guide).
The maximum length of a project is 36 consecutive months.
For more information on what projects and activities are eligible or not, please refer to the Applicant’s Guide.
The following project costs are eligible under EcoAction:
- human resources, including salaries and benefits
- contract and professional services (e.g., accounting, audit, liability insurance costs that are directly attributed to carrying out the project, monitoring, legal or other professional fees)
- travel and field expenses (based on Government of Canada rates)
- materials and supplies
- printing and production costs
- communication and distribution costs
- equipment purchases or rental fees
- vehicle rental and operation costs
- translation fees
- a reasonable share of overhead and/or administrative costs and rent that is directly attributed to program delivery
Range of funding
At least 50% of the total value of your project must come from sources other than the Government of Canada. The maximum EcoAction funding is $100,000; the minimum funding amount request is $25,000.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: