EcoAction Community Funding Program: potential applicants
EcoAction Community Funding Program (EcoAction) is a national program that funds local action-based projects that produce measurable, positive effects on the environment. Examples of eligible groups include: Indigenous organizations, environmental groups, community groups, youth and seniors groups, community-based associations, service clubs.
Potential applicants should contact the regional office to determine if their group and project idea are eligible for funding.
Non-profit groups and non-governmental groups and organizations are eligible to receive funding through the EcoAction Community Funding Program. Examples of eligible groups include:
- environmental groups
- community groups
- youth and seniors groups
- community-based associations
- service clubs
- Indigenous organizations
The following groups are not eligible but are encouraged to partner with non-profit organizations to support a project proposal:
- educational institutions
- municipal, provincial, territorial, federal governments
Please stay tuned for our next call for proposals for more information regarding environmental priorities and access to the applicant’s guide.
Projects must always address the call for proposals’ environmental priority.
All projects must clearly demonstrate that activities are:
- provide opportunities for community members to take action and
- will result in a positive environmental impact.
As defined in the program's list of performance indicators, all projects must include:
- at least one environmental indicator and
- at least one capacity building indicator.
EcoAction funding is limited to a maximum of $100,000 per project for a maximum duration of 36 months. A minimum of 50% of the total project value must come from sources other than the Government of Canada.
For more information on eligible projects and activities, to be added to our distribution list or for any inquiries, please contact your regional office.
The following project costs are eligible under EcoAction:
- human resources, including salaries and benefits
- contract and professional services (e.g., accounting, audit, liability insurance costs that are directly attributed to carrying out the project, monitoring, legal or other professional fees)
- travel and field expenses (based on Government of Canada rates)
- materials and supplies
- printing and production costs
- communication and distribution costs
- equipment purchases or rental fees
- vehicle rental and operation costs
- translation fees
- a reasonable share of overhead and/or administrative costs and rent that is directly attributed to program delivery
Range of funding
At least 50% of the total value of your project must come from sources other than the Government of Canada. The maximum EcoAction funding is $100,000; the minimum funding amount request is $25,000.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: