Sea Ice Climatic Atlas for the Northern Canadian Waters 1981-2010
This Ice Atlas follows from our previous Canadian arctic ice atlas published in 2002. The ice years 1980-81 through 2009-10 have been used for this publication and cover a climatological time period of 30 years, the standard for representing statistical averages and extremes.
Once again we have chosen to group both the Canadian Arctic and the Hudson Bay regions into a single atlas. We hope that this will facilitate the understanding of climatic sea ice conditions in Northern Canadian Waters as a whole.
In addition to what was contained in the previous atlas, we have added the 30 year Median of Ice Concentration When Ice Is Present.
Several people contributed to the production of this atlas and their effort and dedication should be acknowledged.
- Dan Fequet: project management
- Lionel Haché: analysis, climatology and editing
- Steve McCourt: analysis, chart production and editing
- Darlene Langlois: review, proof reading
- Claude Dicaire: coordination of reference maps
- Bruno Prémont and Amelia Jolicoeur: electronic media publication
- Andrea Minano (COOP): chart production
*Mr Haché updated the ice regime and climatology text, which was originally written by Mr Brian Veale.
Finally thanks to all the personnel involved in the data acquisition and preparation of the weekly CIS charts over all these years without whom the production of this atlas would not have been possible.
To be cost effective and environmentally friendly, this information is only available in electronic format.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: