Summary review of performance of metal mines in 2013: chapter 4
4. Overall Compliance Assessment for Prescribed Deleterious Substances and pH in 2013
- Overall, the metal mining sector is achieving over 99% compliance with the prescribed limits for arsenic, copper, cyanide, nickel, zinc, radium 226 and pH, and a 100% compliance rate for lead.
- Only a few sporadic exceedances were reported for arsenic, copper, cyanide, nickel, zinc, radium 226 and pH.
- The Eagle River Mill exceeded the limits for several parameters: copper, cyanide, zinc and total suspended solids.
- In 2013, the overall compliance rate achieved by the metal mining sector with respect to meeting the total suspended solids limits was 97.9%. The Elross Lake Area Iron Ore Mine, the Complexe métallurgique Sorel-Tracy, the Vezza Mine, the Wabush Mines Joint Venture - Scully Mine and the Williams Mine failed to consistently meet total suspended solids limits.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: