Consultation on release guidelines for azo disperse dyes in the textile sector: closed consultation
Current status: ClosedThis consultation ran from February 23, 2019 to April 24, 2019.
The Government of Canada was soliciting feedback on the proposed release guidelines for Disperse Yellow 3 and 25 other azo disperse dyes in the textile sector.
The objective of these guidelines is to reduce the total concentrations of DY3 and prevent harmful releases of the 25 other azo disperse dyes in the aquatic environment.
You can find the release guidelines online.
Who was the focus of this consultation
The Government of Canada would like to engage with:
- Indigenous peoples
- provincial, territorial and local governments
- industry stakeholders and association members
- non-governmental organizations
- the general public
Key questions for discussion
Please provide your feedback on:
- your ability to implement these release guidelines and respect the standards
- your ability to measure the releases of Disperse Yellow 3 and 25 other azo disperse dyes based on the proposed method for determining effluent concentration; if not, please propose alternatives
- your existing laboratory method of analysis of the 25 other azo disperse dyes with potential ecological effects of concern
- your knowledge of best practices used in the industry which should be shared with the whole sector
- whether the proposed release guidelines meet your needs
- any additional information that should be included
- whether the information included in the guidelines is relevant
- Dyes of the Aromatic Azo and Benzidine-based Substance Grouping
- Certain Azo Disperse Dyes: information sheet
- Consultation on options for addressing certain aromatic azo and benzidine-based substances: comments received
Innovative Measures Section
Environment and Climate Change Canada
351 Saint-Joseph Boulevard
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Phone number: 1-844-580-3637 (information)
Fax number: 819-420-7386 or toll free 1-844-580-3637
Email address: ec.RG-DR.email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: