Share your ideas: Côté Gold Project
Current status: Open
Consultations began in August 2019 and are expected to end on November 1, 2019.
The Government of Canada is seeking comments from the public and Indigenous groups on proposed amendments to Schedule 2 of the Metal and Diamond Mining Effluent Regulations and the potential application of the Streamlining the Approvals Process for Metal Mines with Tailings Impoundment Areas for the Côté Gold Project.
- IAMGOLD Corporation (the Proponent) is proposing the construction, operation, decommissioning, and abandonment of the Côté Gold Project, an open-pit gold mine including an on-site metal mill and four structures for diverting water, located 20 kilometres (km) southwest of the community of Gogama in northeastern Ontario.
- The regulatory amendments, if approved, would authorize the use of the water bodies for mine waste disposal for the Côté Gold Project.
- The Streamlining policy would exempt these proposed amendments from pre-publication in the Canada Gazette, Part I, and allow the amendments to proceed directly to final publication in the Canada Gazette, Part II.
Join in: how to participate
To learn how we will protect your privacy during this consultation, please carefully review our privacy statement.
Comments and concerns must be submitted by November 1, 2019.
Who is the focus of this consultation
ECCC would like to hear from:
- Indigenous peoples
- provincial, territorial and local governments
- industry stakeholders and association members
- non-governmental organizations
- general public
Attend a meeting
A public consultation session will take place in Gogama on August 27, 2019
|Date||Province||City||Meeting with||Detail information|
|2019-08-27||Ontario||Gogama||Public Consultation||Gogama Community Centre
15 Low Ave., Gogama, Ontario
6pm to 8pm
If you cannot attend in person, you can always submit comments or questions to the address provided below.
- Alternative Assessment Report (prepared by the proponent)
- Fish Habitat Compensation Plan (prepared by the proponent)
- Metal and Diamond Mining Effluent Regulations
- Fisheries Act
- Guidelines for the assessment of alternatives for mine waste disposal
- Côté Gold Project, Gogama, Ontario
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Mining and Processing Division
351 boul. St-Joseph, 11th floor
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: