Share your ideas: Hardrock Mining Project
Current status: Open
Consultations began in May 2019 and are expected to end on August 30th, 2019.
The Government of Canada is seeking public comments on proposed amendments to Schedule 2 of the Metal and Diamond Mining Effluent Regulations and the potential application of the Streamlining the Approvals Process for Metal Mines with Tailings Impoundment Areas.
- Greenstone Gold Mines (the Proponent) is proposing the construction, operation, decommissioning, and abandonment of the Hardrock Gold Mine Project, an open-pit gold mine and on-site metal mill, located approximately 5 kilometres south of Geraldton, Ontario.
- The regulatory amendments, if approved, would authorize the use of the water bodies for mine waste disposal.
- The Streamlining policy would exempt these proposed amendments from pre-publication in the Canada Gazette, Part I, and allow for the amendments to proceed directly to final publication in the Canada Gazette, Part II.
Join in: how to participate
To learn how we will protect your privacy during this consultation, please carefully review our privacy statement.
Comments and concerns must be submitted by August 30th, 2019.
Participate by mail
Send your comments to the address in Contact us below.
Send us an email
Submit your comments by email to email@example.com.
Who is the focus of this consultation
ECCC would like to hear from:
- Indigenous peoples
- provincial, territorial and local governments
- industry stakeholders and association members
- non-governmental organizations
- general public
- Alternative Assessment Report (prepared by the proponent)
- Fish Habitat Compensation Plan (prepared by the proponent)
- Metal and Diamond Mining Effluent Regulations
- Fisheries Act
- Guidelines for the assessment of alternatives for mine waste disposal
- Hardrock Mine Project, Ontario
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Mining and Processing Division
351 boul. St-Joseph, 11th floor
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: