Application for an airport permit under Migratory Birds Regulations
All information included in this application will be treated as confidential. Personal information collected as part of the permitting process is protected under the Privacy Act.
Important: Please consult the document “Instruction Sheet: Applying for an Airport Permit under the Migratory Birds Regulations” when filling out this application.
Section 1 - Applicant information
Information Regarding the Airport
Is this airport
Have you, or a previous Manager/Commander, or nominee, previously been issued an Airport Permit for the airport listed above?
Is this application being completed for a migratory bird issue located on a commercial property?
Section 2: Nature of the situation
1. Describe the situation for which the permit is being requested (e.g. what species of migratory birds are a danger to aircraft? How are those migratory birds endangering aircraft?).
2. Are any of the migratory birds that are endangering aircraft listed on Schedule 1 of the Species at Risk Act (If yes, please indicate which species)?
3. Describe the intended method(s) by which the migratory birds will be killed.
4. Is an Airport Wildlife Management Plan (prepared under the Canadian Aviation Regulations) being submitted with this application?
5. If a plan is not being submitted, describe the existing and proposed management techniques (lethal and non-lethal) that are being (or will be) used to reduce or eliminate the danger caused by the migratory birds.
6. Describe the non-lethal techniques that will be used over the next 5 years (anticipated).
Section 3: Nominee(s) - Please use appendix 1 to list additional nominees, if neededName
Section 4 - Location
1. Provide the location(s) where the activities will be conducted. The physical/civic address(es) and/or legal land description, parcel identification number, UTM or latitude/longitude coordinates must be provided (a P.O. box is not acceptable). Additional information such as acreage and maps can be provided to clarify. In addition, please describe where on the airport the migratory birds will primarily be killed (e.g. beside the runways, on the flight path, etc.).
2. Is the airport within 5 kilometres of a Migratory Bird Sanctuary or a National Wildlife Area (If yes, please indicate which one(s))?
Section 5 - Disposal of carcasses - Landowner authorization
(a) Provide the physical address and/or legal land description as well as the municipality where the carcasses will be disposed of:
(b) Disposal site is a landfill (authorization below is not required).
(c) If carcasses will be disposed of on property that is not on the airport or at a landfill, the landowner must provide their authorization and a phone number where they can be reached:
I, ___________________________________(print name), the undersigned, hereby approve of the disposal of migratory birds carcasses on the site as described above and acknowledge that I am the landowner of that site.
SIGNATURE OF THE OWNER OF THE DISPOSAL SITE
Section 6: Signature of applicant
I, (print name) hereby certify that:
- I, and/or the nominees, for Canada Goose related activities, have read and understand the Best Practices for Killing Birds and Disposing of Carcasses - Canada Goose Management and Best Practices for Developing Management Plans - Canada Goose and Cackling Goose Management documents;
- I, and the nominees, agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the permit;
- I, and/or the nominees, have the ability and knowledge to accurately identify the species of migratory birds and conduct the permitted activities;
- I understand that I and/or any nominees must comply with the Species at Risk Act (SARA) when undertaking any actions affecting species, or their residences or habitat, that are listed as threatened, endangered or extirpated pursuant to Schedule 1 of SARA;
- all migratory bird carcasses will be disposed of in accordance with applicable municipal, provincial/territorial and federal legislation and I have obtained authorization from the necessary landowner(s) where carcasses are disposed of at a site that is not on the airport or at a landfill;
- I understand that, in order to legally conduct the activities authorized by my permit, I may need to obtain in advance additional federal, provincial/territorial or municipal permits or authorizations; and,
- all information submitted in this application is accurate and has been completed to the best of my knowledge.
SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT: (sign with dark ink) _______________________________________________
Appendix 1: Nominees (continued)Name
Appendix 2: Documents attached to this application
Please list (e.g. Wildlife Management Plan, maps, etc.)
Appendix 3: Extra space (if needed - include section number of information that is continued)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: