Achieving a sustainable future, draft federal sustainable development strategy for Canada 2019 to 2022: closed consultation
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from December 3, 2018 to April 2, 2019.
The Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS) sets out our environmental sustainability priorities, establishes goals and targets, and identifies actions to achieve them.
Each time we prepare a new FSDS, we release it for a public consultation period of at least 120 days before finalizing it. That way, we can ensure that our sustainability goals, targets and plans reflect the priorities of our partners, stakeholders and all Canadians.
Your comments on the draft 2016 to 2019 FSDS helped us create a final Strategy framed from a stakeholder perspective. Now, we’re looking to you for insight to help us shape our next Strategy.
Who was the focus of this consultation
The Government of Canada wants to hear from:
- provincial, territorial and local governments
- Indigenous peoples
- industry associations and businesses
- environmental non-governmental organizations
- general public
Key questions for discussion
- What does sustainable development mean to you?
- What’s your vision for a sustainable Canada?
- What actions are you taking to advance sustainable development?
Sustainable Development Office
200 Sacré-Coeur Boulevard, 7th floor
Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 0H3
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: