Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
On June 21, 2019, Bill C-69, an Act to enact the Impact Assessment Act and the Canadian Energy Regulator Act, to amend the Navigation Protection Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts, received Royal Assent. Upon coming into force, the Act creates the new Impact Assessment Agency of Canada and repeals the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012. Over the coming weeks and months, this website will be updated to reflect these legislated changes and to release new procedures, policy and guidance documents.
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency delivers high-quality environmental assessments and serves as the centre of expertise on this subject matter within the Government of Canada.
- Ministerial Order to Support New Impact Assessment System – Public Comments Invited
- Central Ridge Exploration Drilling Project — Participant Funding Available
- Bending Lake Iron Project – Public Comments Invited
- Kitimat LNG Expansion Project — Public Comments Invited
- Funding to Support Indigenous Participation in the new Impact Assessment System
- Magino Gold Project — Federal Funding Allocated to Participate in the Regulatory Phase
Services and information
What we are doing
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: