Indigenous Advisory Committee
The Indigenous Advisory Committee provides the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) with expert advice for the development of key policy and guidance on the new impact assessment system.
Nominations for the Committee were sought from August 21 to October 7, 2018. Members were selected in April 2019. The Committee's membership is made up of First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals. Representation from all three distinct Indigenous peoples helps to ensure that the Committee provides a broad and inclusive perspective reflective of the unique rights, interests, priorities and circumstances of the Indigenous peoples in Canada.
- Terms of Reference (coming soon)
The Agency has also created a Technical Advisory Committee on Science and Knowledge to provide expert advice on topics related to impact assessments, as well as regional and strategic assessments.
- Call for Nominations: Indigenous Advisory Committee
- Technical Advisory Committee on Science and Knowledge
- Review of Environmental and Regulatory Processes
- Public Notice: Funding available to support Indigenous participation in the development of policy and guidance
- Indigenous engagement on the proposed new impact assessment system
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: