4.3.14 Summary of key messages
- 4.3.1 How credit cards work
- 4.3.2 Benefits and risks of credit cards
- 4.3.3 Compare credit cards to debit cards
- 4.3.4 Prepaid cards
- 4.3.5 Choosing a credit card
- 4.3.6 Cost of credit cards
- 4.3.7 Case study: Credit card use
- 4.3.8 Credit card statements
- 4.3.9 Tips for credit card use
- 4.3.10 Video: Using credit cards wisely
- 4.3.11 Credit card fraud
- 4.3.12 Video: Debit and credit card fraud
- 4.3.13 If you are a victim of debit or credit card fraud
- 4.3.14 Summary of key messages
- Credit cards offer many benefits, but they can become a problem if used irresponsibly.
- When applying for a credit card, make sure you understand the agreement, including the interest rate you will be charged, any fees and when you will be expected to pay.
- Compare the features of different cards to choose the best one for you.
- Don't charge more than you can repay.
- Pay your credit card bills in full and on time.
- Read your monthly statement and question anything that appears incorrect.
- Take steps to protect yourself from credit card fraud.
At the end of the module, you will find an Action plan. This is a tool that you can use to track your progress and take the next steps to manage credit successfully in the future. Use the action plan as a roadmap for financial action!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: