4.6.5 Serious debt problems
- 4.6.1 How to manage your debt
- 4.6.2 Ways to avoid debt problems
- 4.6.3 Tips for managing debt
- 4.6.4 Video: Tips for managing debt
- 4.6.5 Serious debt problems
- 4.6.6 Credit counselling
- 4.6.7 Consolidation loan
- 4.6.8 Other approaches
- 4.6.9 Case study: Fixing debt problems
- 4.6.10 Credit balance insurance
- 4.6.11 Advance fee loans
- 4.6.12 Choosing to invest or pay debt
- 4.6.13 Borrowing to invest
- 4.6.14 Summary of key messages
If you run into serious problems managing your debt, you need help. The key is to seek help early—as soon as you recognize the problem.
In the next sections are some options that are available to you. Discuss them with an experienced financial professional or credit counsellor.
To learn more about dealing with debt problems, see Consumed by debt? Information for consumers on the insolvency process.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: