6.3.11 Summary of key messages
- 6.3.1 Where you can get insurance
- 6.3.2 Choosing an insurance agent or broker
- 6.3.3 Choosing an insurance company
- 6.3.4 Tips for buying insurance
- 6.3.5 Video: Tips for buying insurance
- 6.3.6 Making a claim
- 6.3.7 Case study: Reading the fine print
- 6.3.8 Read the fine print
- 6.3.9 Consumer rights and responsibilities
- 6.3.10 Insurance fraud
- 6.3.11 Summary of key messages
- You can buy insurance directly from an insurance company or through an insurance agent or an insurance broker.
- Shop around and negotiate for the insurance coverage that meets your needs at the best cost.
- Read the fine print and make sure you understand the insurance policy, including what it covers and what is excluded, before the contract is finalized.
- Both the insured and the insurer have the obligation of good faith—that is, to exercise complete honesty and accuracy in their contract dealings.
- Insurance fraud hurts honest policyholders by driving up the cost of insurance for everyone. Insurance fraud is a crime.
At the end of the module, you will find an Action plan. This is a tool that you can use to track your progress and take the next steps to manage insurance successfully in the future. Use the action plan as a roadmap for financial action!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: